There’s no denying that now is a great time for anyone to invest in Houston Texas Real Estate but how do you get started with Real Estate investing even when you’re renting?
Most people will tell you that you have to be a homeowner to get started with Real Estate investing but the good news is that getting started is a lot easier than you think.
You can get a mortgage through the FHA with a super low down payment if you live in the home. So, how do you live in it and rent it out too? No, not a roommate. You can purchase a duplex home and rent out one side while you live in the other. Because it is your principle residence, you can get FHA lending. You not only now own your home, you’re an investor too! The FHA will even let you count the future rental income to help you to qualify for the loan!
I’m not blowing smoke, and I’ll use a real life example duplex for sale in Houston, Texas, as well as rental rates, all as currently listed at Zillow.com. Here are the home particulars:
• Listed selling price is $255,000.
• Each side of the duplex is approximately 1996 square feet in size.
• Built in 2007.
• Rents of apartments and one side of duplexes in the local area justify a conservative rent income of $1,100 to 1,200/month.
• Zillow’s mortgage estimator shows the payment will be approx. $1,497/month.
Let’s become the world’s worst negotiator and pay full price for this home. However, we’re going to take advantage of the FHA and our credit score is good, so we’re going to be able to get a 3.5% down payment. With closing costs, we’ll bring about $9,350 to the closing table. Let’s run the numbers:
• You’ll be paying approximately $1,687/month with taxes and insurance included.
• You can reasonably expect to rent out the home for $1,150/month.
• Your gross out-of-pocket to live there is now $537/month.
Source – Huffington post
Get Houston Texas Property Management
Once you get started with buying your first rental properties make sure you save the time, money and hassle of managing those rental properties yourself with our Houston Texas Property Management services.
Call Vestpro Residential Services at (832) 498-0016 or CLICK HERE to connect with us online.