HOUSTON – One of the “secrets to success” with owning Houston Rental Properties is finding A-Rated tenants, or the perfect renter for your rental property.
In this article we will share with you simple tips you can use to easily find A-Rated tenants for your Houston Texas Rental Properties.
Go Through These Tenant Checks
When renting one of your Houston Texas Rental Properties to your tenants make sure you take the time to do the following checks with your prospective tenants:
- Background check – Look deep into their background and confirm that the tenant doesn’t have any felonies.
- Reference check – Don’t be afraid to ask tough questions about the prospective tenant’s behavior or habits including drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
- Credit check – They should have a FICO score of at least 685 and or a credit score of 700.
- Work reference check – Confirm that they really are working at the reference on their application.
- Income qualification – Make sure they earn 2.5 times the rent.
Failing to do one or all of these checks can easily cost you money because it’s easy to “go with your gut feeling” about a prospective tenant when they might have something to hide and write wrong information on their rental application.
Market Your Property in the Right Venues
When marketing your Houston Texas Rental Properties make sure you market your properties online in the following venues which include:
Zillow or Trulia
AHRN.com – Use for finding military families.
Save Time and Money Marketing Your Houston Rental Properties
For more information on how to find A-Rated Tenants, or to market your Houston Rental Properties, contact Vestpro Residential Services by calling (832) 498-0016.